Thursday, August 8, 2013

#4 - Library Anime Club

The day after I went to Warped Tour, I decided to show up at my library's anime club meeting, because I've liked anime for a long time and finally had a cosplay costume.

A discounted scooter skirt from Walmart and a Japanese schoolgirl jacket from a Chinese gas station. Good enough.
If only I could cosplay more often...*sigh*

We got there a bit early and had to wait for about 10 minutes before other people started showing up. Most of them were at least 2 years older than me.

We watched about 3 1/2 episodes of One Piece as a "preview" and it was pretty funny. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the main character's name itself!
He certainly seems like a monkey with all that energy he has!
< SPOILER >
 
And that little pink haired kid...I can't believe he still wanted to join the marines before he knew they were being forced to behave the way they were behaving!
 
< / SPOILER >
 
The thing I liked most was that it was a small event, and they had sodas and sugary foods, especially pocky. In a library. Food in a library! Let that sink in for a minute.
 
I also ended up borrowing 4 YA novels that I have to finish in the next 11 days. On top of that, I have another to read for school, a grammar chapter to annotate, 22 pages of Spanish to finish, and an online course to get over with. All. In. 11. Freakin'. Days!
 
Oh, and a guitar to practice before my free Guitar God Club membership expires sometime in that time frame.
 
Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't be writing a blog right now! I should get off the internet and get on with my work!
 
Body, you need to understand we'll be pulling a lot of one-nighters, and as such, we need you to drink lots of coffee without getting hungover from it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment